Grilled Chicken Fajita Salad is a tasty way to eat chicken fajitas! Marinated and grilled chicken, peppers, and onions atop crisp romaine lettuce. For a hearty Southwest-inspired salad, top with fresh dressing that will give a state of the summer.
Grilled Chicken Fajita Salad Recipe
For the marinade
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- ½ tbsp ground Cumin
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
For the salad
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cups Romaine, (or cos) lettuce leaves,
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Extra cilantro leaves to garnish
- Sour cream, (optional) to serve
- Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Pour half the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the chicken fillets for two hours if time allows. Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
- Preheat you grill and grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- In a pan drizzle with another teaspoon of oil and fry pepper and onion strips until cooked to your liking.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, avocado slices, peppers, onion strips and chicken. Drizzle with remaining marinade/dressing and serve with (optional) extra cilantro leaves and sour cream.