Summer kale salad with creamy goat cheese and crunchy nuts. If you’re not a fan of kale salads, you’ll be once we add juicy peaches and blueberries, creamy goat cheese, and delightfully salty-sweet candied pecans.
Warm Grilled Peach and Kale Salad Recipe
FOR THE CANDIED PECANS:
- ⅔ cup pecan halves
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
FOR THE DRESSING
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tbsp ground mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE SALAD
- 5 cups lightly packed torn kale leaves
- 1 ripe peach, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- 2 ounces crumbled chèvre
- Place th sliced peaches on the grill for 4 minuets on each side and set aside.
- To make the candied pecans, heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the pecan halves, maple syrup, and a couple of pinches of sea salt. Cook, stirring constantly until the pecans are coated in a sticky glaze and no liquid remains in the pan, about 8 minutes. Transfer the pecans to a parchment-lined plate and spread them out in a single layer to cool.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients with a fork in a large bowl. Add the kale leaves, toss to coat them with the dressing, and massage them by hand until reduced in volume, darker green, and tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the kale to a platter or divide it between individual serving plates. Top with the peach slices, blueberries, crumbled goat cheese, and candied pecans.