Grilling is an art form, and getting the perfect temperature for your meat can be a challenge. Nothing is more disappointing than overcooked or undercooked meat. To achieve a perfectly cooked masterpiece, investing in a quality grill thermometer is a must. We’ve tested some of the best options on the market, and here’s what we found.
The Top Grill Thermometers for Perfectly Cooked Meat
ThermoWorks Thermapen ONE: The Ultimate Grill Thermometer
The ThermoWorks Thermapen ONE tops the list with its fast and accurate readings. Within two to three seconds, the temperature is displayed, giving you ample time to make necessary changes to the cooking process. The Thermapen ONE provides excellent precision, up to 0.7°F, which is critical for achieving the perfect temperature for your meat. Though the price tag is on the higher side, the durability and ease of use definitely make it worth the investment.
Meater Plus Smart Meat Thermometer: Wireless Convenience at Its Best
If you’re looking for a more tech-savvy option, the Meater Plus Smart Meat Thermometer is perfect for you. With its Bluetooth connectivity and mobile app, you can monitor the progress of your meat from anywhere. The app also features cooking guides and recipes, which is a great addition for those looking to improve their grilling skills. The Meater Plus has dual temperature sensors and a maximum range of 165ft, which makes it highly convenient for busy cooks.
- [The ideal choice for indoor and outdoor cooking enthusiasts] MEATER Plus is 100% wire-free, allowing you to cook with complete freedom and flexibility. This Long Range Model features Bluetooth 5 with a range over 1000ft. (330m) open air, direct-line-of-sight. With walls and obstacles like a typical home, the average range is 165ft. (50m). You can easily monitor your cooking progress using the free app, which is available for both iOS (version 12.2.0 and later) and Android (version 8.0 and later) smartphones and tablets. Please note that the smart phone is not included in the package.
- [The perfect gift for the chef in your life] Whether it’s for your husband, dad, brother, wife, mother, sister, or a food-loving friend, this versatile kitchen gadget is a must-have for anyone who likes to BBQ or is a home chef in the kitchen. Achieve perfect results every time with this high-precision thermometer that takes the guesswork out of cooking. With the holiday season approaching, it also makes a great gift for Christmas, stocking stuffers, or white elephant gift exchanges. Make this year’s festivities sizzle with this essential kitchen tool.
- [Say goodbye to guesswork with our Guided Cook System] This innovative feature walks you through each stage of the cooking process, ensuring perfect and consistent results every time. You can even set up custom alerts and notifications based on temperature and/or time to keep you on track. The algorithm can estimate the ideal cooking and resting times for your food, taking the stress out of meal planning and allowing you to sit back and relax while your meal cooks to perfection.
- [Extend your wireless range over WiFi with MEATER Link] All you need is a 2nd smart phone/tablet to bridge the connection to your home WiFi network.
- [Probe Spec] Stainless steel, water resistant, and easy to clean. Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connection. Max internal temp: 212°F. Max ambient temp: 527°F.
NutriChef Smart Wireless Grill Thermometer: Affordable and Reliable
The NutriChef Smart Wireless Grill Thermometer is an affordable yet reliable option. It offers a range of up to 150ft, which is perfect for monitoring meat without constantly hovering over the grill. The app is easy to use and provides preset temperatures for various meats and cooking levels. The NutriChef also has a timer function that notifies you when your meat reaches the desired temperature.
Pampered Chef Instant-Read Food Thermometer: The Magnetic Option
The Pampered Chef Instant-Read Food Thermometer is a great option for those who are constantly losing their grill accessories. The thermometer is magnetic, and can be easily attached to any metal surface, making it difficult to misplace. The readings are quick and accurate, and the probe is long enough to prevent burns. With a temperature range of -40°F to 450°F, this thermometer is perfect for grilling, baking, and candy making.
Cuisinart Bluetooth Easy Connect Thermometer: Perfect for High Heat Cooking
The Cuisinart Bluetooth Easy Connect Thermometer is perfect for high heat cooking. With a range of up to 100ft, you can monitor your food from a distance. The thermometer is equipped with four probes, which is perfect for those cooking multiple meats at once. The app offers a range of temp presets, and the probes can be customized to monitor individual temperatures. The Cuisinart is also ideal for use in smokers, withstanding temperatures up to 572°F.
GEFU Digital Thermometer: Simple and Effective
For those who prefer simplicity over technology, the GEFU Digital Thermometer is an excellent choice. It’s straightforward and easy to use, with a temperature range of -40°F to 392°F. The probe is long enough to prevent burns, and the readings are quick and accurate. The GEFU is also dishwasher safe, making it a convenient option for cleaning.
Soraken Wireless Meat Thermometer: Ideal for Entertaining Guests
The Soraken Wireless Meat Thermometer is perfect for those who love to entertain guests while grilling. With a range of up to 100ft, you can monitor your meat without being stuck by the grill the whole time. The app features preset temperatures for various meats, and it also notifies you when the timer is up. The Soraken also provides a six probe option, perfect for those cooking multiple meats at once.
Our Testing Process: Finding the Best Grill Thermometers
We conducted extensive research and testing to find the best grill thermometers on the market. Our team of experts used a variety of meats to test the accuracy and speed of each thermometer. We also tested the range of Bluetooth thermometers, and evaluated the convenience and functionality of each option.
What to Consider When Buying a Grill Thermometer
Probe Length: Why It Matters
The probe length is crucial in preventing burns. A long probe is ideal, as it allows for easy access to the meat without keeping your hand too close to the grill. It also helps prevent the thermometer from getting too hot, which can affect the accuracy of the readings.
Temperature Range: The Importance of Accuracy
A thermometer that can give accurate readings within a precise temperature range is crucial for perfectly cooked meat. Ensure that the thermometer you choose has a range that’s suitable for the meat you would like to cook. Some thermometers have an adjustable temperature range, which is great for versatile cooking.
Special Features: What to Look For
Special features such as Bluetooth connectivity, mobile apps, and multiple probe options can significantly enhance your cooking experience. However, these features can also add to the cost of the thermometer. Consider your needs and budget when choosing a thermometer with special features.
Investing in a grill thermometer is a no brainer for any grill enthusiast. The right thermometer can make all the difference between a perfectly cooked masterpiece and an overcooked mistake. Consider your needs and budget, and choose the thermometer that’s suitable for you. Whether you prefer a tech-savvy option like the Meater Plus or a simple option like the GEFU Digital Thermometer, you’re sure to find a thermometer on this list that suits your needs, ensuring that every time you grill, you’ll be serving up perfectly cooked meat.
Frequently Asked Questions About Grill Thermometers
Grill thermometers are essential for ensuring that your meat is cooked to perfection. They provide accurate temperature readings, which helps avoid overcooking or undercooking, giving you perfectly cooked meat every time.
To calibrate your grill thermometer, you can use the ice water method. Fill a glass with ice and water, and insert the thermometer probe halfway into the glass. The thermometer should read 32°F. If it doesn’t, adjust it using either a calibration button or a small screwdriver, depending on your thermometer. Then, immerse the thermometer in boiling water. It should read 212°F. If not, repeat the calibration process until it reads accurately.