If you love grilled food, then you know that having the right pantry staples on hand is key to making delicious meals. From spices and sauces to marinades and rubs.
Here are 15 items that will help make your grilled meals even tastier and more enjoyable:
- Salt – A good quality salt is essential for seasoned grilled food. It will help bring out the flavors of the ingredients and make the overall dish tastier.
- Pepper – Pepper is a great way to add flavor to your grilled meals. It can help to make food taste more savory and can also add a bit of heat to your dishes. When adding pepper to your grilled foods, be sure to use freshly ground pepper for the best flavor.
- Olive oil – A good olive oil will add a lot of flavor to your grilled food. It can also be used for drizzling on finished dishes.
- Lemons – Lemons are great for adding a bit of brightness and acidity to grilled dishes. They can also be used for making a delicious citrus marinade.
- Garlic – Grilling with garlic is a surefire way to take your meals to the next level of flavor. Whether you’re grilling chicken, steak, fish, or vegetables, a little bit of garlic can go a long way in terms of taste. Plus, it’s easy to add garlic to just about any dish.
- Herbs – Fresh or dried herbs are wonderful for adding flavor to grilled food. Thyme, rosemary, and oregano are all great choices.
- BBQ sauce – A good quality BBQ sauce is perfect for smothering grilled meats and veggies. It adds a delicious sweetness and depth of flavor.
- Honey – A touch of honey can really elevate grilled food. It adds a lovely sweetness and enhances the flavor of the other ingredients. It also helps to caramelize the surface of the food, giving it a beautiful crispy flavor.
- Soy sauce – A bit of soy sauce added to grilled food can really boost the flavor. It’s also great for making a delicious marinade.
- Chili flakes – A little bit of heat from chili flakes can take grilled dishes to the next level. They add a lovely depth of flavor and spice up the overall dish.
- Sesame oil – A few drops of sesame oil added to grilled food can elevate the flavors. It has a lovely nutty taste that goes great with many different ingredients.
- Rice vinegar – A touch of rice vinegar added to grilled dishes can brighten them up. It adds a nice acidity and enhances the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Fish sauce – If you’re looking for a way to add some excitement to your grilling repertoire, fish sauce is a great option. It’s full of umami flavor and can be used as a marinade, baste, or dipping sauce. Fish sauce is also a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, making it a healthier option than some other sauces.
- Worcestershire sauce – A few drops of Worcestershire sauce added to grilled food can enhance the flavors. It has a deeply savory taste that is perfect for many different dishes.
- Hot sauce –Hot sauce is a great way to add flavor and spice to grilled dishes. It can help to liven up the overall dish and make it more enjoyable to eat. Plus, it’s a healthy option since it’s low in calories and fat.
What should you cook on a grill?
There are endless possibilities when it comes to what you can put on the grill. But, if you’re looking for some ideas of what might taste great, here are a few things to consider:
- Meats – Grilled meats are always a hit. Whether you’re grilling up chicken, steak, pork, or lamb, they’re sure to be delicious. Each type of meat has its own unique flavor and texture that can be enhanced by grilling.
- Seafood – Grilled seafood is also fantastic. Some of the best seafood for grilling includes shrimp, scallops, and fish filets. But really, any type of seafood can be grilled successfully as long as you keep an eye on it and don’t overcook it.
- Veggies – Grilled veggies are a great option for those who are looking for a healthy and flavorful option. Zucchini, eggplant, and peppers are all great choices. The charring from the grill adds a delicious smoky flavor that enhances the sweetness of the veggies.
- Bread – Grill up some bread to serve alongside your grilled dishes. It’s perfect for sopping up all the delicious juices and flavors. The great thing about grilling bread is that it gives the bread a wonderfully crispy exterior while still retaining its fluffy interior.
- Fruit – Grilled fruit is a wonderfully sweet and unique option. Peaches, plums, and pineapples all grill up beautifully. The intense heat from the grill caramelizes the natural sugars in fruit, making it taste even sweeter.
Whether you’re grilling meats, veggies, seafood, or bread, these 15 essentials will help you create delicious and memorable grilled dishes. With the right ingredients and some careful planning, your next grill session is sure to be a success. So fire up the grill and enjoy!