For the vegetarians seeking an extraordinary culinary experience, Tandoori Paneer is the answer to your cravings! This delectable Indian dish showcases the delightful fusion of smoky, grilled paneer – a type of Indian cottage cheese – with the enticing flavors of aromatic spices. Get ready to embark on a flavorful journey as we uncover the magic behind Tandoori Paneer!
- 1 lb paneer, cut into large cubes
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 large lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 piece of ginger, grated
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
- Blend the garlic, ginger, chilli in a pestle and mortar
- Place the paneer cubes in the dish and stir in the blended ingredients along with the mustard oil and lemon juice.
- In a separate dish mix the remaining ingredients together with the yoghurt to create a paste. Add this spiced yoghurt paste to the paneer. Cover and leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better)
- skewer onto sticks with peppers and onions and cook on the grill for 15 mins flipping half way in