When it comes to barbecue sauce, hoisin sauce is a great option for those looking for a sweet and savory sauce with a hint of Asian flavor. This hoisin barbecue sauce recipe is perfect for adding to any cut of meat. It’s made with simple ingredients and is ready in just 15 minutes!
Hoisin Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, honey, soy sauce, garlic powder, Chinese five-spice powder, and ground ginger.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the sauce mixture and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with your favorite barbecue dish.