Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches, which are stuffed with delicious grilled chicken, grilled pineapple, red onions, and more, will quickly become your new favorite chicken sandwich. For a tasty and nutritious lunch, serve it with some grilled potatoes or vegetables.
Grilled Hawaiian Chicken and Pineapple Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 cup pineapple, sliced
- 4 reduced calorie hamburger roll
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 2 cups lettuce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the barbecue sauce, pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Marinate the chicken in this mixture for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the marinade letting excess drip off. Spray the pineapple slices with cooking spray. Grill the chicken and pineapple for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. For thinner chicken, cook less time on each side.
- Meanwhile, pour the excess marinade into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and let cook 4-5 minutes until slightly reduced. Serve drizzled on the sandwiches.
- Serve layered on the hamburger roll with sliced red onion, fresh jalapeno, greens, grilled pineapple, and a drizzle of the homemade barbecue sauce.