Are you looking for a unique grilling recipe to impress your family and friends? Look no further than Grilled Bananas with Caramel Sauce! This easy-to-make recipe features sweet and savory flavors that will amaze you. Plus, you can enjoy the dish with no guilt, as it is surprisingly healthy!. The caramel sauce adds a sweetness that balances the flavors of the grilled banana, and the addition of a sprinkle of sea salt helps to bring out the savory notes.
Grilled Bananas with Caramel Sauce
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Place banana slices on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until lightly charred and softened.
- Remove bananas from the heat and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, heavy cream, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the grilled banana slices and serve immediately.