Grilled pound cake is an easy and delicious way to enjoy a classic dessert. With the addition of a lemon-cream sauce, this dish takes on a whole new level of flavor and is sure to please any crowd. The sweet and tangy sauce pairs perfectly with the light and fluffy pound cake, creating a dish that is sure to become a summer favorite. Plus, it’s a great way to get creative with your grilling recipes.
Grilled Pound Cake with Lemon-Cream Sauce
- 1 pound cake
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut the pound cake into 1-inch slices. Brush each side of the slices with melted butter.
- Grill the pound cake slices for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Heat the sauce over medium heat until it thickens, whisking frequently.
- Drizzle the sauce over the grilled pound cake slices and serve.