Enjoy the smoky flavor and texture of black bean burgers while adding some zing with a chipotle-lime aioli. This recipe is sure to bring some excitement to your next cookout. Spice up your next cookout with grilled black bean burgers with chipotle-lime aioli. This recipe provides a smoky flavor and texture with a hint of zing. Enjoy this delicious and healthy veggie burger that is sure to be a hit.
Grilled Black Bean Burgers with Chipotle-Lime Aioli
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For chipotle-lime aioli:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- In a large bowl, mash black beans with a fork until almost smooth.
- Add quinoa, rice, bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, bread crumbs, cilantro, olive oil, salt, and pepper and mix until combined.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grates.
- Grill the patties for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, chipotle powder, and lime juice to make the aioli.
- Serve burgers on buns with aioli and your favorite toppings.