Grilled shrimp with a flavorful Chipotle-Lime marinade is the perfect summer meal. The smoky flavor of the Chipotle peppers and the freshness of the lime juice come together to create a delicious marinade that will make your shrimp zesty and unforgettable. The marinade can also be used with other proteins, like chicken and fish, making it a versatile option for any summer meal.
Grilled Shrimp with Chipotle-Lime Marinade
- 1 pound shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, oregano, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade and toss to coat. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour, or up to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Place the shrimp on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve the shrimp warm with lime wedges and your favorite sides.