Summer is the time for grilling and nothing says summer like a delicious portobello mushroom topped with a sweet and savory balsamic glaze. This recipe is sure to make your mouth water and give you a taste of summer all year round. These grilled portobello mushrooms are a great way to add some flavor to your plate without adding a lot of calories.
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Balsamic Glaze
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Brush mushrooms with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place mushrooms on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes each side, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine balsamic vinegar, garlic, and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove mushrooms from the grill and brush with the balsamic glaze. Serve warm.