Chicken, and Artichoke Soup couldn’t be easier. This recipe is so tasty that you’d believe it took hours to prepare. Keep it a secret, but it only takes around 30 minutes. It is a simple soup with lots of healthy vegetables and with a lemony flavor.
Grilled Chicken and Artichoke Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 14 oz artichoke hearts, chopped
- ¾ yellow onion, small diced
- ½ cup carrots, small diced
- ½ cup celery, small diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 large handfuls fresh spinach
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place a a large soup pot over medium heat and add the ghee or olive oil.
- Season the chicken breasts with some salt and pepper and add to the pot until brown. Once browned, flip the breast and brown the other side. About 4 minutes on each side. Once the chicken is browned, remove from the pan and chop into bite size pieces
- Turn the heat to low and add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic to the pot and cook until the onion is soft, about five minutes
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, bay leaf, chopped chicken, and artichokes. Add the salt and pepper to taste and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!