Bison burgers are a fantastic way to enjoy a juicy and flavorful burger without the guilt. Our Grilled Bison Burgers with Chipotle-Lime Sauce are packed with flavor and make a great addition to any meal. The chipotle-lime sauce adds an extra zing to the burgers. The chipotle-lime sauce adds an extra zing to the burgers and makes them a great addition to any meal.
Grilled Bison Burgers with Chipotle-Lime Sauce
- 1 lb ground bison
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat
- In a large bowl, combine the ground bison, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, sea salt and black pepper. Mix until combined and form into 4 patties.
- Place the patties on the preheated grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chipotle in adobo sauce and lime juice. Mix until combined.
- Toast the hamburger buns on the grill for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the patties on the buns and top with the chipotle-lime sauce. Serve.