This grilled eggplant with balsamic reduction dish is the perfect summertime meal. With the smoky aroma of grilled eggplant and the sweet and tangy balsamic reduction, this dish is sure to be a hit at your next outdoor gathering. Not only does it taste amazing, but it also has a great nutritional value, making it the perfect meal for any occasion.
Grilled Eggplant with Balsamic Reduction
- 2 large eggplant
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the eggplant slices on the grill and brush with the balsamic mixture. Grill for about 4 minutes, then flip and brush with more of the balsamic mixture. Grill for an additional 4 minutes, or until the eggplant is tender and lightly charred.
- Serve the grilled eggplant with the remaining balsamic mixture.