Grilled pizza is a summer staple that offers the perfect combination of crispy crust and melted toppings. With its unique smoky flavor, it’s no wonder that grilled pizzas are a crowd-pleaser. Whether you’re looking for a classic recipe or something a little more unconventional, there is a grilled pizza recipe out there that is sure to satisfy your cravings. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best grilled pizza recipes that are easy to make and packed with flavor. From traditional margherita pizzas to grilled zucchini pizzas with goat cheese, there is something for everyone to enjoy. So, fire up your grill and get ready for a taste experience like no other.
This pizza is a true masterpiece that combines the best of both worlds – sweet and savory flavors. The star of the show is the juicy and succulent Johnsonville Flame Grilled Teriyaki Chicken, which adds a delicious, smoky flavor to the pizza. The teriyaki sauce, combined with melted mozzarella cheese, scallions, and sesame seeds, creates a taste explosion in your mouth with every bite. This pizza is easy to make and can be ready in no time, making it the perfect option for a busy weeknight dinner.
Johnsonville Flame Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Pizza Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- Serving Plate
- 1 package Johnsonville Flame Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Breasts, diced
- ½ can pineapples cut to small cubes
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup green bell pepper cut into small chunks
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- 2 tbsp Additional teriyaki sauce for drizzling
- ½ lbs pizza dough (see our grilled pizza recipe to know how to make the dough)
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, red onion, green pepper, and teriyaki sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese on pizza crust. Top with pineapple mixture and chicken. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake on the grill with led closed for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with green onion and drizzle with teriyaki sauce, if desired.
For those who love tacos and pizza, this recipe is the perfect combination. The grilled Halloumi cheese is a delightful substitution for traditional pizza cheese, adding a salty and chewy texture to the pizza. Topped with your favorite taco toppings, such as salsa, guacamole, and jalapenos, this pizza is a fun and delicious twist on the classic. The smoky flavor of the grilled crust combined with the flavors of a taco is a match made in heaven and is sure to become a family favorite.
Taco Pizza with Grilled Halloumi Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lbs pound ground beef
- ½ lbs pizza dough (check our grilled pizza recipe to see how to make it)
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup thick halloumi cheese slices
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ small head lettuce, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp sour cream, or to taste
- Preheat the grill
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over the grill . Cook and stir ground beef until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; drain excess grease. and stir in the taco seasoning
- Spread pizza crust on a pizza pan or large baking sheet. Cover with pizza sauce. Sprinkle cheese blend on top. Cover cheese with beef mixture, halloumi cheese, olives, and jalapeno pepper.
- place the pan on the grill and close the led until the crust is crispy and the cheese blend is melted about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle crushed tortilla chips over pizza. Top with cherry tomatoes, lettuce, and onion. garnish with sour cream, and hot sauce.
This pizza is a true work of art that combines the perfect balance of sweet and salty flavors. The juicy and sweet peaches pair perfectly with the savory and salty prosciutto, creating a flavor explosion in your mouth. The addition of a balsamic glaze adds a touch of tanginess that brings all the flavors together in perfect harmony. This pizza is a crowd-pleaser and is sure to impress your guests at your next dinner party.
Grilled Prosciutto and Peach Flatbread Pizza Recipe
- Measuring Cup
- Small Saucepan
- 1 peach
- 1 cup pizza dough (see our grilled pizza recipe to know how to make the dough)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated fresh mozzarella
- 2 oz of goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful baby arugula
- 2 oz prosciutto
- 2 honey, for drizzling
- Brush both of the fleshy sides with light olive oil and grilled them on a grill pan or outdoor grill. If using your outdoor grill, I would wipe (either with an old kitchen towel or paper towel that has been dipped in a little olive oil) the grates with oil before preheating it. Still brush the peaches to ensure easy release.
- Once the dough is stretched to the desired shape and thinness and your grill has preheated, placed the dough onto the lightly oiled grill grates and closed the lid. Grill for 2 to 3 maybe even 4 minutes. Check it and if the underneath is golden and starting to form grill marks, then immediately remove the grilled dough to a wood board or pizza peel, placing the uncooked side facing down.
- To make the ultimate garlic olive oil. Start by pouring 1/4 cup olive oil into a small sauce pan. Add in two cloves of finely minced garlic and heat on low to medium-low until fragrant and the garlic starts to toast and turn lightly golden. Remove off of the heat and let cool. This one recipe I used for all three flatbreads.
- Brush the grilled side of the flat bread with the garlic olive oil. Top with mozzarella, grilled peaches and goat cheese. Place the flatbread back onto the grill and close the lid, grilling until the cheeses have melted.
- Remove and top with baby arugula. prosciutto and drizzle with honey. and serve
For a lighter and healthier option, try this grilled zucchini pizza with goat cheese. The tender and juicy grilled zucchini adds a delightful crunch to the pizza, while the tangy goat cheese balances the flavors perfectly. Top it off with a drizzle of balsamic glaze for a touch of sweetness, and you have a delicious and nutritious meal that is sure to become a staple in your household.
Grilled Zucchini Pizza with Goat Cheese Recipe
- Sharp Knife
- Cutting Board
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped roasted red pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Brush one side of each zucchini round with olive oil; brush the opposite side with pizza sauce. Evenly divide red onion, roasted red pepper, mushrooms, goat cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and Italian seasoning over each zucchini round.
- Grill zucchini pizzas over preheated grill until zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
For those who are looking for a gluten-free option, this grilled cassava flour pizza crust recipe is the perfect solution. Cassava flour is a popular gluten-free alternative that creates a crispy and chewy crust that is just as delicious as a traditional crust. Top it off with your favorite toppings, such as tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil, for a delicious and gluten-free pizza experience that is sure to become a family favorite.
Grilled Cassava Flour Pizza Crust Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- Spreading Spatula
- ½ cup water
- 1 instant yeast packet
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ¾ cup cassava flour
- ½ cup almond flour ½
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- Pour the water into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 15 to 30 seconds. You want the water to be slightly warm, or lukewarm. You should be able to dip your finger in it and not feel much of a difference between the temperature of your finger and the water. That's perfect! Add the yeast and the sugar. Give it a quick stir and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the flours, starch, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and dehydrated onions. Use a whisk to sift and stir the ingredients together.
- Pour the frothy yeast mixture into the flour mix and stir to combine. Keep stirring until all the liquid is incorporated, and you can form one large dough ball.
- You can cover the bowl and let the dough sit for 30 minutes or proceed immediately with rolling it out—both options work.
- When the dough is ready, preheat your grill. Cut the dough ball in half and lay out a sheet of waxed paper or parchment paper on the counter. Press the dough with your hands into a 10 to 12 inch round, depending on your preference for crust thickness. Flip the dough onto a pizza pan (with dough side down) and gently pull off the waxed paper. Use the same waxed paper to roll out the second dough ball.
- Bake the crusts on the grill for 8 to 10 minutes on a baking pan with the led closed
- Top the crusts with your favorite toppings, like tomato sauce, veggies, vegan meats, and vegan cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, keeping an eye on them after about 10 minutes to ensure the crust doesn't burn.
- When the crust is golden brown, remove it from the oven. Allow the pizzas to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
These four grilled pizza recipes are sure to become favorites in your household. From the Johnsonville Flame Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Pizza to the Grilled Cassava Flour Pizza Crust, these recipes offer something for everyone. So fire up your grill and get ready to enjoy some of the best grilled pizza recipes this summer.