Pork meat has a sweet but savory taste and what makes it special is that it has a firm texture that makes it chewed easily compared to beef and chicken. In this recipe, you are going to add more sweetness to the pork chops by using honey as a main ingredient. Honey will play the role of pineapple by tenderizing meat but with the effect of sweet taste and not sour.
Honey Grilled Pork Chops
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 6 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 6 Pork Chops
- Whisk honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, and garlic together in a bowl.
- Pour marinade into a plastic bag, reserving about 1/4 of the marinade in a bowl for basting.
- Add the pork chops to the bag, coat with the marinade, squeeze bag to remove excess air, and seal the bag; marinate in the refrigerator at least 5 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove pork chops from the marinade, and shake off excess.
- Grill pork chops on the preheated grill,add the remaining marinade on them and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Insert a thermometer into the center , it should read 145 degrees F. Let pork chops rest for 3 minutes before serving. Serve on a serving platter.
- It has an enzyme like the one in pineapple and kiwis that tenderize the meat and makes it softer.
- It gives a special taste to the grill because it caramelizes at a high temperature.
- It is rich in antioxidants and very beneficial for a strong Immune System