Barbecue pizza is a delicious twist on a classic favorite. And what better way to make it even more delicious than with a homemade Barbecue Pizza Sauce? This sweet and smoky sauce is perfect for topping your favorite pizza dough with chicken, bacon, onions, and more.
Barbecue Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft.
- Add the red pepper flakes, tomato sauce, brown sugar, tomato paste, honey, apple cider vinegar, molasses, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and oregano.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use the sauce to top your favorite pizza, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.