Summer is the perfect time to grill up some tasty dishes and what better way to enhance your barbecue experience than with a homemade Cherry Barbecue Sauce? This sweet and tangy sauce is perfect for glazing chicken, ribs, or even tofu.
Cherry Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup cherry preserves
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine the ketchup, cherry preserves, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, and Dijon mustard. Stir well to combine.
- Heat the saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture begins to simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and let the sauce simmer for 10-15 minutes until it thickens.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender and blend until it's smooth. If you prefer a chunkier sauce, skip this step.
- Store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.