Summer is just around the corner, which means it’s time to break out the grill and start cooking up some delicious barbecue dishes! And what better way to enhance your barbecue experience than with a homemade Peach-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce? This tangy and sweet sauce is perfect for glazing chicken, ribs, or even veggies
Peach-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine the ketchup, peach preserves, bourbon, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, and Dijon mustard. Stir well to combine.
- Heat the saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture begins to simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and let the sauce simmer for 10-15 minutes until it thickens.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender and blend until it's smooth. If you prefer a chunkier sauce, skip this step.
- Store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.