Mahi-mahi is a firm, white fish with a mild, sweet flavor. When cooked on the grill, it has a light smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweet, tangy pineapple salsa. The pineapple salsa is made with fresh pineapple, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. It’s a refreshing, summery topping for the mahi-mahi that adds a burst of bright flavor. This recipe is perfect for a summer cookout, but it also makes a great weeknight meal. Serve it with some grilled vegetables and a side of rice or quinoa and you have a complete meal in no time.
Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple Salsa
- 4 (6-ounce) mahi-mahi fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Rub the mahi-mahi fillets with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the mahi-mahi for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and a pinch of salt.
- Serve the mahi-mahi with the pineapple salsa.